Trail Days 2016 Schedule
SATURDAY, APRIL 23rd
- 2016 Miss Trail Days Pageant at 4pm at Holston High School. All proceeds raised will benefit the MRO Hostel, in memory of Dave Patrick. For more information, visit the facebook page here or contact Allison Neely at 276-698-9698.
SATURDAY, MAY 7th
- 7am-3pm: TOWN-WIDE YARD SALE… Largest yard sale in Southwest Virginia…bargains on every street! 200+ participants, and growing! Registration Deadline: May 1st
- The Damascus Volunteer Fire Dept. will be serving breakfast at the Fire Hall.
- 9am-noon: Dr. John Roberts of VCA Highlands Animal Hospital will be holding a rabies clinic at the gazebo in Town Park. Other routine vaccines will also be available at a discounted price! Bring dogs on leashes and cats in cages please. www.vcahighlandsva.com
MONDAY, MAY 9th
- 2:00pm – Movie! The Damascus Library will be showing the movie ‘Meru’ in the community room.
TUESDAY, MAY 10th
- 4:00pm – Movie! The Damascus Library will be showing the movie ‘The Way’ in the community room.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 11th
- Manufacturer Representatives set up in the campground, and from Thursday (12th) through Saturday (14th) / 10am-5pm will be available to assist hikers with equipment repairs, gear advice and specialized services. These Reps are there to help you, the hiker, with any issue you may be having with any of your gear. The Reps generously donate their time and skills to provide FREE gear repairs, expert fitting and other services to the A.T. community. We hope you’ll take advantage of this service opportunity in the campground parking area.
- 2:00pm – Movie! The Damascus Library will be showing the movie ‘Tracks’ in the community room.
THURSDAY, MAY 12th
- Ride Board at The Place (find hard copy there), and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/traildaysrideboard. Offer a ride, get a ride!
- All day: Trail Days Ministry Tents at various locations throughout town
- 8am– 4pm: Mobile Shower Units at the campground – Trail Days Ministry Team
- 8am- 4pm at the Dancing Bear B&B: Front Porch Ministry (info and free snacks)
- 9am: Campground opens for weekend parking ($20 per car) & campground entry ($5 per person).
- 9-5: 'The Place' annual Work Day. Come and be part of this 3rd annual Work Day at The Place! Lunch provided for the first 50 volunteers. For more info contact email@example.com.
- 10am-5pm: FREE Gear Repair Area in the campground parking lot.
- 11am-7pm: Retail, craft, and food vendors set up in the Town Park.
- 2:00pm – Movie! The Damascus Library will be showing the movie ‘Flip Flop Flippin’ in the community room.
- 7pm at the Damascus Library: Along Virginia's Route 58: Author Joe Tennis shares a collection of "True Tales from Beach to Bluegrass," with a slide show that focuses on Wilburn Ridge, Grayson Highlands, Damascus, Whitetop Mountain, Appalachian Trail, New River, Virginia Creeper Trail and Abingdon, all along U.S. Highway 58. Discover how this highway crosses the AT and also connects the resort strip at Virginia Beach to the Cumberland Gap National Historical Park. Learn the legends, funny stories and scenic sights along the way.